This is how you cancel a Tumblr account when someone dies
Tumblr is a social networking site that offers users the ability to create their own blogs, and “like” and “repost” others’ blog entries. They don't have legacy settings, but do have a simple process for deleting an account.
How to close a Tumblr account
- After logging in, navigate to the “Settings” page or “Account Settings"
- Scroll to “Delete Account,” and click on that
- Type in the account holder’s mail and password and choose “Delete Everything”
What if I don't have the required information?
If you don't have the required information then contact them using this Tumblr Customer Support page, and be ready with the following:
- Choose "Something else" in the "Categories" drop down
- URL or username of the deceased
- Copy of the Death Certificate or obituary
Official website: www.tumblr.com
Atticus' Legacy Review of Tumblr closing account process after someone dies = 6/10 stars
Tumblr gets okay marks for Atticus' Legacy Review of their closing account process after someone dies, as it's a pretty easy process whether you have login information or not. Unfortunately, they don't have their policy written clearly in their Terms of Service and don't have any web pages devoted to the subject. They also don't have any legacy functions. Hopefully, after receiving this less than perfect mark they'll write one for their clients.