This is how you cancel a Netflix subscription when someone dies
Netflix is a web and app-based streaming service where users can watch hundreds of movies and TV shows. They have two types of subscriptions, as their streaming service can cost $8.99, $12.99 or $15.99/month, while their mail-in DVD service costs $7.99 or $9.99/month, or $11.99 or $14.99/month if it's Blu Rays that are being rented.
How to cancel a Netflix DVD subscription
- Send back any DVDs before the end of the billing cycle to avoid extra charges
- Log into the account you wish to delete
- Hover over the avatar in the right hand corner and choose “Your Account”
- Select “Cancel DVD Plan,” located under “Your Plan”
How to cancel a Netflix streaming subscription
- Hover over the avatar in the upper right to select “Your Account”
- Look for “Cancel Streaming Plan” under “Your Plan.” Hit that
- Select “Complete Cancellation"
- Netflix also recommends signing out of all devices associated with the account to prevent reactivation
What if I don't have the required information?
If you can't log into the Netflix account, then Netflix recommends you contact them the following ways:
- Call 1-844-505-2993
- Log into your Netflix account and start a Live Chat through the app
- If you don't have an account you can still start a Live Chat with Netflix
They also would like you to be ready with the following information:
- Email address and/or phone number associated with the Netflix account.
- Full payment information currently used to pay for the Netflix service.
Official website: www.netflix.com
Atticus' Legacy Review of Netflix's closing account process after someone dies = 9/10 stars
Netflix gets nearly perfect marks in Atticus' Legacy Review of their closing account process, and that's mainly because they have a clear policy around the issue. They provide a hassle free way to cancel an account, and also provide a relatively easy process if you can't access the account. They don't provide any content for permanent purchase, so they can be excused for not having a legacy policy. They miss out on perfect marks however, because accounts can be reactivated unwittingly by accidentally opening a Netflix app that is still logged in. Hopefully, after receiving this less than perfect mark they'll write one for their clients.